If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Anon Has Been Kidnapped



Help! When someone finds Anon, return her back to her normal routine please. I feel like I've been trying and trying to post on my blog, but everything else seems to be demanding my time. I have had at least two new sets of pics to put on my blog, but you're only going to see one set for now.
Yes, my Cool Sis was kind enough to pose for our little excursion. We are fortunate enough to have wonderful husbands who let us sneak out for a weekend of rock-n-roll at Agape Fest. This year we headed up especially for our favorite of this year's festival, Skillet. What an awesome band! We waited in a 2 hour line to get a photo with them which I didn't post because you'd get a full shot, of course. But, let me tell you, it was a very cool moment for both of us. We are official panheads and happen to be the only adults at the festival who weren't chaperones or youth pastors.
Naturally, you have to sit through a lot of crappy music to wait for the right stuff. But hey, we do that listening to the radio all the time to, so what's the dif? (I'm so 80's) :) :) :)
Ironically, the festival falls previous to one of the most hectic months of the year, May. I wish we all could cram one more activity in this month. I think I'd rather be doing December. Cool Sis and I had a relaxing weekend and as soon as I hit the door at home, I haven't stopped since.
I wasn't kidding. My life has kidnapped me. Will I ever return? Yeah, I know.....some of you hope I'm not. :) :) :)
P.S. The best part about our trip, I still have skin peeling on my legs from my sunburn as a reminder of our weekend out. Cool Sis and I were so excited that rain wasn't in the forecast like the previous year, that we didn't bring any sunscreen. Oh yeah, burn baby burn. Cool Sis looked like a lobster and I wasn't that far off. I felt so bad for her, I finally bummed some sunscreen off of a nice lady who was next to us. Later on in the afternoon, Cool Sis remembered she had umbrellas in the car which we got to block the sun. (how convenient) However, not soon enough to stop the gorgeous farmer tan of mine where I wore my longer set of capris. Let me tell you that I'm looking pretty sexy in my regular capris where you can see exactly how long my capris are that I wore that day.
P.S.S. You can see Skillet this weekend like we are. This time, we're taking some kids with us. We like to start the rock star concept at a young age in our family. It's only a 3 hour drive from here. Family Bonding Time........yeehaw!!!!!!

19 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    Correction.

    Okay, there was a little rain in the forecast on the way there. Everything was going great until one of the windshield wipers fell off. hahaha Cool Sis retrieved the poor thing and we tried a few solutions.

    #1 Snapping it back into place. (didn't work)
    #2 Stopping on the side of the road when the window got bad and me getting out and manually working the broken wiper. (wasted road time to pull over and stop)
    #3 Me holding onto the steering wheel while Cool Sis held the wiper in her left hand and tried to wipe the windshield while driving on the highway. (worked great until and strong gust of wind came and almost took her arm completely off) entertainment value of this solution though: priceless
    #4 Pulling over at a truck fueling/service station. (they had ONE windshield left that would work on her car, perfect)

    We pulled out of the service station and it did not rain the rest of the time. No kidding.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    LOL - - - I think this comment you posted is even funnier than the original post!!!

    Hey - - - have you turned Deb into an anon Jr.???? I mean, you've got her hiding her face too!!!

    Welcome back to blogland, if even for one short post and comment!!!!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Funny Lady

    I can only quote Cool Sis when I had someone take our picture, "(sigh)Geez...I can't believe I'm doing this."

    She was dragging her feet about it, but she's such a nice person, she gave in to me. :)

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Funny!!

    Hey- - - a friend of mine wasn't going to let me put her photo on my blog Saturday evening, so I had her follow you example. Check it out - - it's under the heading "Some of the Faces in the Crowd," that I just posted Saturday.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Funny Lady

    I'm sure glad you're around. I know I can always depend on you to chat with me.

    I missed ya!

    :)

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    I miss you when you're gone away from blogland too. But - - - I hesitate to say so as I'm afraid you will get feeling frustrated about lack of blogging time and tear this baby down - - I DON'T want you to do that!!!!

    Did you hear all about our LCS excitement yesterday?

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Teacher Mom said…

    I'm so glad you haven't fallen off the face of the earth and I TOTALLY hear ya on the busy month of May!! What IS it with this month? It's far worse than December for me!! Glad you had fun on your excursion!

    And in response to your comment on my blog, Adam does hire out. LOL Although with gas prices the way they are, local labor would be cheaper, I'm sure!

    Oh, and in response to your comment on my homeschooling blog post (if you can remember that far back), I understand your position!! (I had commented to you on my own blog, but for some reason the comment never showed and then I just forgot about it)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Okay, okay I got the hint. However, I require a full eight hours of sleep to keep this body running smoothly, so no late night commenting from me. But Elizaeth is in the tub and Anna is cutting paper (we hope) with scissors, so I have taken a few precious moments from my evening to share my thoughts.

    I am walking the fine line between playing as much Skillet as possible to get pumped for Friday, but not so much that I am sick of it by Friday. Alternating between the two CD's has helped, and I even have Anna requesting Comatose now.

    No rain in the forecast - looks like it will be the perfect evening. Do you think they will remember us?

    And as soon as I complete the tag task, I will be sure to pass the baton on to you :)

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    hahahaha JPY Survivor
    Yes, I can remember that far back. Hey, we're not THAT old yet.

    Adam is the man. I'm so impressed.

    Cool Sis

    YES, if I have anything to do with it, they will definitely remember us. There's no way I'd let them forget. :)

    oooohhhhh, "the baton"......I'm waiting in great anticipation.

    Nail biting, if you ask me.

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    I was SNOW sick of seeing that other picture so it was a nice surprise to open and see a new post. Keep them coming.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Keri said…

    OH MY GOODNESS!!!

    I gave up on checking your blog, I must admit. LOL

    Then Mom told me to check it and I'm so glad I did! You are TOO FUNNY!!!!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Welcome back! I've missed ya!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Found and answered your comment to me on Cool Sis's Blog

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    hahaha

    When I saw I had 13 comments, I just knew it was you. Can't wait to read the response.

    :)

    You really need school to be back in session, don't you? :)

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    HEAVEN FORBID!!!! Why would I need school to be back in session?!?

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    so you could have something more exciting to do than find my little comments on other people's blog..... :)

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Oh Anon - - - it doesn't get any MORE exciting that THAT!!!!! I LIVE for finding comments. :-)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Oh no, I'm not going to stop at just the last three posts. I am going to make ALL of your comments uneven.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home