If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gee, Can I Play Too?

It took me awhile to realize what game I was playing, but now I know. Yes, I've been tagged. (A great big thanks goes out to my Cool Sis for instigating this post .) For those of you who may be unaware of the concept of playing tag in blog world, the object of the game is that you must tell 8 (no more, no less) "interesting" facts about yourself.

Here I go:

Fact #1: I HATE these kind of "games" online.

While I find myself interested in reading others' factoids, the process of this concept personally drives me crazy. Typically, I don't do these things. For those of you who've emailed me questionnaire surveys before, I apologize for ignoring your mail and making the exception this time. Please forgive me. But the main reason I even have a blog to begin with is because of peer pressure, and I'm giving in, once again.

'What's the point?' is my question. Are you really going to know me because I've spilled my guts on a few meaningless facts of my life? Is it going to make our friendship closer because I've told you these things? For myself, that's why I don't get into telling these pieces of trivia. If you want to get to "know" me a little better, then let's do lunch. You might have more of an impression than reading the "facts" and letting the information go in one ear and out the other.

One more thing that goes along with this topic is those irritating "pass it on to 10 of your friends and back to the person you received it from" emails. First of all, I don't think I have 10 friends. Secondly, the guilt trip you get at the end about if you love Christ, if you're a Christian, if you want to spend eternity in heaven, blah, blah blah, then you'll send this......

Well, guess what? I'm going to hell because I never send them and more than likely anymore, I don't even read them.

Fact #2: What you see is what you get.

I don't feel bothered to express my opinion. (see fact #1) :) I don't like feeling like I'm walking on eggshells with anybody, so why should I make anyone else feel that way? If you want to know if I'm glad, mad, sad or delirious, I'll tell you. If you don't like me, don't act like you like me. That's cool with me. Let's call the shots as they are and move on. There's no sense in playing the emotional roller coaster game.

Fact #3: I use this symbol, :) , a lot when I'm writing.

Considering my personality (see fact #2) and my sense of humor which tends to lean towards irony, I use the symbol to tell the reader that I'm either chuckling as I'm writing or that I'm not being serious about what I'm writing. I tend to use this symbol more with people that don't know me. Because of my (what I've been told) "strong" personality, I can be taken the wrong way so the symbol serves as a reaffirming measurement and that I'm writing with good intention. While I may use the symbol in other ways, I would say these are the main functions for me.

Fact #4: I think anyone who has four children (single-births) in four and a half years needs their head examined.

semi :)

:) :) :) :)

Fact #5: My dream is to become the poster chic for a weight loss center.

Yeah, like I'm on the poster and the advertisement reads something like: Do you look like this? Then our center is just the place for you!

:)

I know, I can eat and I'm sexy. :)

Fact #6: My weakness......cadbury eggs. Yummo!!!!!!

*see fact #5 :)


Fact #7: I was once the MVP for our church softball league.

:)

True.

:)

It's kind of like my tennis playing......I'm like a blur on the court baby! :)

Fact #8: My favorite outdoor activity :) canoeing.

:)

Okay, I think that's a wrap since I'm at 8. I've got atleast 5 more, but I'm a believer in playing by the rules. So, I'm throwing in the towel. Plus, if I keep going, it's only going to get more ridiculous, trust me. The old creativity ball only gets faster as it goes down the hill.

I feel so much closer to you all now since I've told you this valuable information. I usually wouldn't do this, but since we're getting past the surface layer in this online relationship.....I'm giving you my cell phone number. Please call and let me know you're out there. Here's another little 411 for you, I never answer my cell phone if I don't recognize the number, so there's no pressure to go into a long conversation with me. Just leave a message and let me know you got my number. I know it's a big step, but I just feel like this is the right time. For those of you who don't have my new number, call......I think you'll like my new voice mail. :)

201-808-6011

:) :) :) :)

14 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    I never answer the computer questionaires either, but I did this one too.

    Go Figure!!!

    Hey - - - you made your answers really fun, I'm PROUD of you!!!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Come ON people - - - where are the comments???? I mean, Anon has BARED her very SOUL to us - - - - we need to give her support!!! ;-)

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Alright, Anon, I've done my post. Thanks for tagging me. Unlike you, I told the truth. Favorite outdoor activity my eye! Those were great memories; we should do it again! I dare ya!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Toevs said…

    I am totally with ya on the online questionaires. Most of the time if the subject starts with a forward, I delete it without even looking at it. But I too told 8 things about myself on my blog. It was time to update the blog anyway. :-)
    Thanks for sharing yourself with all of us. :-)
    Oh, and I also use, :-), frequently.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Ah, my life is now complete :)

    I feel like I REALLY know you now :)

    Love your new message :)

    When's our lunch date :)

    Who's buying :)

    You are? How nice of you :)

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    hahaha

    Look at Funny Lady sticking up for me. I hope you tried my cell phone number Funny Lady. You'll get a kick out of it.

    Buy lunch.....hahaha.....I'll let you deal with your brother on that one. :)

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    So - - - why do you have a 201 area code on your cell phone? I can't call that from my house phone, I'm gonna hafta go DOWNSTAIRS, TURN ON my cell phone, and TRY from there!!!

    :-)

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Great post...I guess I am tagged now because of Kelley...so off I go to think up some interesting facts about myself.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Jaena said…

    You are hilarious, Anon! I love your list.

    I not only did not respond to your comment, I turned the comment off! Ha! How's that for blogging etiquette: if you can't answer the comments, don't have any?

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Teacher Mom said…

    I love reading your blog, Anon. You always make me laugh. :o) (that's how I do that one! LOL)

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anon
    Okay, I'll cave in! :) Now that I know all of these intimate details, you are offically accepted into the family. Your blog writing really is exceptionally good--lots of voice and tone as well as clear, concise quality. Maybe I should rethink that B+. Or, maybe, the quality has come with maturity/age? :) I still think I'd rather do lunch than blog/comment.
    Mom P.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    Well, lookie there!

    Naomi showed up, people.

    It must be my lucky day! :)

    Thanks for the critique Mom P.! Boy, that makes me feel better. It still doesn't make up for the B+ in comp, but maybe the maturity and teaching I received in Lang. & Comp. improved my skills. :)

    Lunch is fine with me. Hostess House awaits you, Cool Sis and I. Now, wait a minute.....maybe that should be you, Cool Sis and me.

    hahaha JUST KIDDING

    I know which one it should be.

    To the best mother-in-law in the world: Kudos on your brave step in blog world.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger LivelyMommy said…

    Hey Anon,

    I'm baaaaack!

    And WOW! I feel I really know you now!

    LivelyMommy

    PS Don't even think of tagging me with this sh.. stuff! ;-)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    hahaha

    C'mon Random Buddy!

    Glad you're back. I'm in the middle of writing another post. The pics are giving me a headache though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home