If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Don't Do Life Alone

Life is a wonderful thing. Ecclesiastes 3 is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. In vs. 12 and 13 we're told, "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil-this is a gift of God." Does this mean everything comes up roses? Absolutely not. But, sometimes I think it's easy to forget in our busy society to include others in our lives. We can be surrounded with people and forget to take them with us. Share your life with other people. Get together with friends. Take your kids with you. (one at a time please :), to devote some needed, individual attention) Call the grandkids and let them know how much you love and miss them. Serve meals at a local mission and take someone you love with you. Hey, maybe you could even blog with a few new people. :) There are so many possibilities! Above all spend time in the Word and nurture your marriage. Life is fun, a gift from God. Enjoy every minute and be thankful.

I thought you might like to see a few pics. Miss Etiquette's helped me learn how to post these babies, so I thought I'd share the fam. (My husband refuses to let me publish his mug shot on the blog, atleast for now, hehehehe.) Now, I just need someone who can inform me how to make these appear better on the page. ?????? So, I'm not a web designer. :)

Here are some fun, wonderful parts of my life: my son's football games, a rock concert (the girl on the right of me is not mine, you fellow chorale people may recognize her, Prof's youngest (aka Dr. G**), she and my daughter are best buds) - They wanted to see Superchic[k] and since that band was touring with one of my personal favorites, Sanctus Real. I made the sacrifice and said, "Sure, Mommy will take you.") :-) , a trip to the Pumpkin Patch and reading books with my youngest.


22 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwww, how sweet is that???? The whole fam (except Daddy) and don't they look like you!!! I would say you learned your pix posting lesson very well. I also enjoyed your uplifting blog. So wonderful to have you in our extended family. You have made us all laugh and added so much to all our lives....many, many thanks!!!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEAH!!!

    So cute! And so are your kids!! =)

    Little Wilson's everywhere!

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jaena said…

    You are too much - so creative, Anon. You make me smile really big! :) I absolutely love the pics.

    So when is our next family get together so we can share the love? Do we have to wait until Christmas?

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hey...
    Try slide.com or rockyou.com for getting your pictures into slides. It is really cool and super easy especially rockyou.com.

    Nice blog by the way...I have to say I think the kids all resemble you, it must be the eyes.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    A new post!!!!!

    All the eyes are cracking me up.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG...you are so funny; lol; grammy told me several days ago to check out your blog and am just now getting to it.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    Well hi Jeany. I think Grammy is probably my #1 fan. I'm going to have to send her something from my apparel line. She can have one of my t-shirts that reads "Blogging Gone Wild". :)

    Now Jeany, since you know this isn't a myspace account, we'll all be reading OMG as Oh my goodness. :)

    It was very nice meeting you. Give Grammy a hug for me. :)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so funny! I bet the kids loved it. As I was reading your blog I thought maybe the kids would be dressed in their trick or treating outfits. I guess I will have to wait to see those. You really did get the creative genes in the family.

    Favorite Cousin!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Too cute! You make me smile. :)

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Uh Oh Anon, one of the spammers found your blog comments.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Thanks Anonymous! That's the one I was talking about. Unbelievable.

    Funny Lady, help me out. Spammers?

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Looks like you need to activate the word verification comment control. I started getting weird comments on my blog from random "people," and the word verification stops it - unless you like getting weird messages.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Surely you know what a spammer is and are just pulling my leg????? You just want me to explain so you can laugh at me for being so gullable???? Welcome to my family - - - - that is what THEY do to me.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Thanks Cool Sis for looking out for me! I actually thought it was kind of interesting though. :)

    Funny Lady,
    You did not answer my question.

    :)

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Spam is junk e-mail, or junk ham - - - - whichever you prefer.

    :-)

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jaena said…

    Nice word verification.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site meter.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Aren't we all just so "nice"

    ;-)

    Yep - - - I see your site meter, and it is NICE

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Do you go to Aunt Char's blog??? Derby Doings???? (The Lilac lady)

    She has a LEMON BAR post - - - - - I think you'd enjoy it, and the comments that go with it.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Hey Anon - - - - - go to my blog, to the post about the cat and the dyson, it has a lot of comments and in one of them, the "secretive lady" in question spells out clearly how to get to her blog. (I saw your request on Jaena's blog)

    Check it out

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Ok - - - - so I was wrong. The information which you seek is not where I last said it was, it is instead under the video of Madelyn on Jaena's blog.

    I better get my stories straight!!!!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Well, it's almost time to get the kids. That was 10 minutes well spent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home