If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Collisions Happen

So, you are going to be able to tell that I'm a new blogger after reading this post. Yes, for the first time, Anon was a tad out of her comfort zone when the "Real World" collided with "Blog World". Yep, you veteran bloggers are shaking your heads at this point. My family was invited to attend a carnival tonight at a local church in town. Though my roots are in Ohio, I have extended family in this area. Every year, their church provides a FREE carnival to the community. Every year, we get a personal invitation and every year, we turn the invite down because of other circumstances. What do you know? This year, the calendar was clear and we finally were able to attend. These folks really put their hearts into this event. Everything was put together with great organization, wonderful volunteers and they were not kidding, the activities were free. With all the booths there, I could not pass up my favorite station......cotton candy. Have I mentioned the free factor? I cannot pass up free cotton candy. I love cotton candy and I don't get to indulge in that too much, so I could not resist. I went over to that booth, reached to take one of the cotton candy treats and I hear something to the effect of "Cotton candy is not for belly dancers." I looked up, she was making the cotton candy and I knew who she was. I was in shock and thinking to myself, 'I cannot believe Lakeview hires Nazarenes.' :) After getting over that little 411, I quickly hushed her and said something about that just being blog world stuff. I mean, after all, did she not see my little one and my great aunt standing near me? :) All of a sudden, paranoia settled in. These are the times that I forget anyone can read these posts which is one of the reasons I resisted starting a blog in the first place and why I hesistate to use my blog as an "update" of my life. Here I am running my mouth, thinking only people who know me read this stupid (referring to mine) blog.......not true. Now, I'm walking around wondering who will drown me with their super soaker when I turn the corner. (Read my last post and you'll understand.) Hey, my super soaker is bigger than your super soaker.

Here's another question: Why did she not let me know that she knew of my blog? After all, she's a fellow comrade, a music teacher, she could have at least let me know she's out there. Well, I'm going to find her. I have a link who is connected to Lakeview and I just bet it won't take me long. What do you do/how do you feel when your worlds collide? Inquiring minds want to know. Is it leading a double life or should the philosophy be "what happens in blog world, stays in blog world"? And is leading a double or shall I say creative life wrong? If that's the case, I'm going to show up in my bells and scarf at church on Sunday. Yeah, I'm going to live in freedom baby. If you don't like it, you don't have to look at it. Start the music now. Wait a minute, I'm playing on Sunday. Well then, I guess there's a first for everything......ever seen a bellipianist on the worship team? :)

22 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    You did it!!!! Well - - - if it doesn't TOP the Pig Latin, it sure runs a close second.

    When you show up at church in your bells and scarf to play the piano, I want to be there. I don't care what church it is - - - - I'm coming.

    I for one enjoyed the jarring of my worlds colliding. I think what has made me love our little blog circuit is that I LIKE all of you here in this world - - - so why wouldn't I LIKE all of you in person?

    BUT - - - about people who read our creations and NEVER give us comments to let us know they were here - - - well, I wrote a whole blog about how I feel about that, didn't I????

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Toevs said…

    I would just love to see some of those faces if you led worship as a belly dancer. :-) I have to say the image of that makes me laugh! (The image of their faces- not you in your belly dancing regalia.) Wouldn't that be one for the history books!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Deven said…

    I was interrupted on the first and only occasion I've ever visited your blog. I hadn't made it all the way through the Pig Latin translation yet, so I hadn't commented. I just happened to run into you in non-cyberspace before I got back to it. Sorry to shake up your world. I think, for you, it was much like the emperor who discovered he wasn't wearing any clothes. Mighty odd and uncomfortable. I hope you enjoyed your cotton candy anyway.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Keri said…

    So I should come clean now....I read your blog and you don't know me!!! HAHAHAHA It'd be easy for you to figure out who I am, though. Only a click or two and you'll know! =)

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Hey Anon - - - -

    I just noticed that my mother-in-law left a comment on my blog under my Friday, 9/22 entry that is REALLY for you. (She, like you USED to be, doesn't yet have her own blog) See - - - I TOLD you you are keeping this blogging world stirred up, in only the best ways.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger . said…

    Hey, Anon...

    Which location/time? Where do I get tickets?

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jaena said…

    You make me laugh, Miss Anon. How did we ever survive in blog world without you?

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger jenny marvin mealy said…

    Oh Anon-I feel for you, and yet, I think that you of all people can handle the collision!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    When I "met" Keetha, she's so conversative that it was no big deal. With other quiet bloggers, I mumble an awkward hi or something and exchange pleasantries. I pretty much don't do blog stuff outside of the blog world.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    I can't imagine that Keetha likes to talk Deb. What would make you say something like that? :)

    Since I knew who you were Deven, I survived okay......maybe it was just the taste of the cotton candy that saved me. :)

    Jaena, everyone makes you laugh. You're so easy to be around that's why everyone loves you so. :)

    Marcia, really you don't want tickets to it.....kind of scary, ask the Toev lady. :)

    Keri, it's nice to officially meet you. I like you in spite of your mother.......hahahaha, just kiddin'......I like your mother.

    Jenn, can't leave comments on your blog now.......what's going on with that? I keep trying.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Anon - - - - perhaps my sense of humor IS genetic, though I think it might be hard for me to inherit it through my mother-in-law. :-)

    Actually - - - - if you go to CWC, you may know my mother, and she also has a clever sense of humor.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keetha just invited me into your "wonderful, wacky, blog world" and I loved every minute of it. I will coming to Marion sometime this fall to visit my beautiful family (Aunt Jeany will be coming also and you can bet that Sunday we will looking until we find the church with the pianist wearing the full uniform of "bells and scarf". It has certainly been a pleasure playing "blog" with you!!!!!

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    What a pleasure having Funny Lady's entire fam now on the blog. Don't be strangers.....wonderful to hear from all of you.

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Not QUITE the entire fam - - - -my parents aren't quite what a computer even is. I also have three children who, though they do use computers as if they were extensions of themselves - - - have never mentioned anything about this little blog world of ours. I think they are too busy with their own pursuits on My Space to notice us.
    AND we all know that Ole fishes instead of blogging. (We won't even go to all the Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. Hehehehehehehe)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anon, just to let you know....my flight didn't even leave the airport yesterday. I should have realized something was wrong when I saw my plane landing and it had a raccoon tail flapping from the cockpit window and a doggy in the back window, bobbing it's head with every bump on the runway!!!! Want you to know I will be in your audience tomorrow, if only in spirit. I will be the one in "sack cloth and ashes" so be sure to wear the "bells and scarf" so I will recognize you. See ya in service!!!! CCCCOL ROFCCCCCCCL

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Grammy

    Sorry you missed seeing the fam.....disappointing, I'm sure. However, it is a little nippy out to keep wearing my cute little outfit. I've had to resort to wearing my black trench coat and super high black heels. :)

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok. You had me curious from the first picture I saw of you on Keetha's blog, and then I get to your sight and see nothing but partial face shots... mysterious!

    Keetha gave me the low-down on how that got started and where the name came from... that is a crack-up! Keep it up...

    Keetha's 1st cousin, once removed...

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Anon said…

    It's very nice to meet you. I still like you in spite of the fact that you're Funny Lady's cousin, once removed.

    :)

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    I'm getting near the end - thank goodness. I'm running out of things to say.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    im one ahead of you hahahahahahah

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    hahahahahahahahahahahha

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    to

     

Post a Comment

<< Home