If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

sshhhh.........Secret Identity

A question was posed about whether I prefer to have a pen name or whether I choose to protect my identity. I love good questions! Why do I choose to not fully identify myself? There are several reasons that will answer this question. First of all, I do not like to give out personal information because the website is accessible to everyone. (But I will tell you that my bra size is a 32DD.) Trust me, I know what's out there. I have a myspace account; That's my way of staying connected with all the concert listings of my favorite country stars. Even on my site there, you won't be able to access it very well because I set my private settings for friends only which by the way I have none. Well, except for Tom, he's a really cool guy I met
there. ;) Secondly, I'm not and will not use my blog to collect as many "comments" or "friends" as I can. This blog isn't necessarily for meeting new people, but to kick back and talk with people who know and love me when I can take a breath from the normal routine. Life is too short and I've gone to more funerals in the last five/six years of friends who've suffered and died from diseases they didn't deserve to have. I can't worry about impressing acquaintances or gathering new buddies. The friends that I admire, love, and trust are here and so, therefore, I have joined the blogging mania. This is my "no bull" way of somewhat identifying myself without getting caught up in the sensationlism of "blogging". Now, if someone comes along who can appreciate that kind of mindset, accept the humor and handle all that goes along with that and not get their feelings hurt, cool. He/She'll be next victim, I mean, link. :) Let's face it, Jesus didn't share the last supper with Bozo the Clown. His last moments here on earth were shared with the people who invested time in His life. Yeah, that's it, I want to live like I'm dying........isn't that a country song? :)

Now, as far as the pen name goes, that's very intriguing to me. In part, I do like to use Anon as my secret identity because it's my way of showing a little creativity and personality. You all know how I suffer from stage fright. :) This character Anon serves as part of my alter-ego and enables me to be transparent, in a demented sort of way, through my love of writing. So, while Anon partially gives me a secret identity, I also can lean on the side of being conservative and not sharing my SS# with everyone.

Now with that all said, let's talk about identity. Try this: Go to usa-people-search.com. Go ahead, type all the friends you have and ones that you've been wanting to track down. Weird, huh?

Okay, I'm just being honest with you all: I don't want my name posted because I know someone will claim for a rock star identity and I won't be able to get any royalties from it. Like a Madonna, yeah, I know, I can see how someone could easily mistake my name with rock star.......kind of senonymous. :)

Triatholon Update: I ran a mile today in just 9 minutes and 30 seconds. When I reached home, I ralphed up yesterday's dinner in my yard. No pain, no gain I told myself. I got my bike and started on my trek. About halfway through, I had a little accident and my bike chain broke. Hubby is not going to be happy. With all the luck I'm having, I think tomorrow will just be a "rest" day. I don't think I really want to chance the swimming part at this point. I think I'll just wait until Saturday, drown, and then it'll all be over. Won't that be a relieve? Don't forget to help take care of the kiddos for me! :)

P.S. Can someone, beside myself that is, please put another comment on my first post? Last time I looked, I had 29 and uneven numbers bother me so. I would be forever indebted to you. :)

28 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Love the post! You are a good writer. I'm glad you joined us! Any chance I'll see you Thursday at 7:00?

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    ??????? It'll be a surprise. I'm going to work real hard and get all my "stuff" done.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    aaahhhhh, thank you, thank you thank you........#30 will help me sleep better tonight.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    It's now tomorrow, and I just made it 31 on that other post. Hehehehehehe

    MONK - - - you're back to an odd number.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    You're killing me Keetha.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    It is interesting to me the different reasons people start blogs - as an online journal, to keep out of town friends and family updated, to connect with old friends, get better acquainted with new ones, to post on other people's blogs, etc. You and I definitely have different motivations for blogging (my main reason is for the blogworld camaraderie among people I know well, semi-well, and am getting to know better,) but the blog world is big enough for all of us. Okay, that's all for tonight - I spent way too much time last night blogging and am behind now tonight. Tomorrow night I have to pack for the big weekend - sorry I will miss blog night.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jaena said…

    It is going to be hard not to ever write your name, Anon. And I am scared of what would happen to me if I ever did (either by accident or on purpose.) It is tempting, I must admit.)

    You made me LOL and then I had to read parts of the post to Jim.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Great motivational reason Deb! I'm all for camaraderie. I didn't mean to sound callus to that at all. If that happens in the process, great. If that doesn't, not to worry that isn't my main purpose of blogging or lack there of.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Jaena,
    I have a confession. When I first started checkin' out your guys' blogs, I couldn't why you kept writing lots of love on everything. (LOL) Hahaha, I'm such a dork.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a kick! I laughed alot and enjoyed the blog. You are a hoot!
    Keep them coming!
    Love,
    Your BJ Buddie

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Well hello BJ buddie......good to hear from you. Rock on! Hey, did you know our rock star is the first rock star to hit the country charts too? See, I do like country after all. :)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Well,
    I can't imagine taking more time to read more blogs but here I am reading and reading and reading.I love the comment section but yours are extending way long.

    I won't give it away that I used to spend lots of time at your grandma's house and know your mom real well. Always loved going to their house when your aunts were there. I never could figure out how they could all be talking at one time and still maintain a converstaion with each other, the chaos was great. When you are the only child it is hard to have a fight with yourself or carry on a lively converstion so you had to find a pool of friends to visit just to be a part of the frenzy.

    Will peak in now and then.

    kelly's cousin Kim's mom

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Good to see you Carolyn!!!!! The nice part about my family is that they're still the same choatic bunch. When my husband visited a family get together during our dating life, he had to take excedrin. His family tends to be on the quiet side......with the exception of his sister. :)

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Speaking of LARGE families - - - - my dad is one of 13 and my mom one of 9!!!! When I took my poor husband to the FIRST family gathering before we were married, it was to my Grandfather's funeral. Greg was TOTALLY overwhelmed. Wonder he even married me after that!!!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Country Rocks!! Hee Hee!
    Had a really fun evening last night playing games with your mom and your aunt and a few other friends of yours! It is our monthly ladies game night!! We laughed till one got a nose bleed. We oldies have a fun time too.
    Love ya,
    BJ Buddie

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger jenny marvin mealy said…

    I have to say that my list of blogs to check daily is growing far faster than my time to sit and read and then respond and write in my own blog, but I am glad to get to add you to my list of daily reads! Welcome to Blog world "anon"

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Now see, that's one reason I started my blog. Because I am so quiet, I needed an outlet to share my true feelings.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    Wow Jenn, see now I feel really special since you take time to read blogs even when they are written by complete idiots.......or maybe you just feel sorry for me. :)

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    .....because I am so quiet......hahaha, paleeeeze. You've never seen her at a rock concert before. Wasn't that your cute little polka-dot panties the lead guitarist hooked on to his tuning pegs during Agape? ;)

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Anon- - - I LOVE the photo you added to your profile. You were very clever to incorporate both your loves, music AND belly dancing, into that ONE photo.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said…

    You are CRAZY!!! The ex-boyfriend's wife link has me in stitches! I keep forgetting to add your link..I'll get right on that!! The picture of you is really creative, and totally hilarious. Shades of Home Improvement!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Dear Cousin. My sister in-law, your sister in-law's sister in-law had me check out your blog. I don't where you get that "I don't care what people think of me attitude." It can't possibly run in the family. I too just started a blog about two weeks ago. I just haven't posted any thing yet. It is more fun to read everybody else's. And besides, I also suffer from the "not wanting too much info about me or my family on the web" syndrome. We will see where I end up.

    Love you!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Anon, you need to make another fun post to rile all us BAers up!!!! Our "party" has kinda died down over the past few days.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Hummel Family said…

    ...you are just nuts!!

    Love it though!

    JoEllen

    P.s now you are back at an even number! I hope you feel better now.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Keetha Broyles said…

    Don't count on having an even number - - - - I've been just WAITING to make it even.

    AND furthermore, since I accidentally commented on the WRONG post about this, even though I removed the error, it is still registering as an odd number of posts on that one too!!!!
    Seems I killed two birds with one stone.

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    .....because #26 is something I must do for myself.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Made you look.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Anon said…

    your

     

Post a Comment

<< Home